Saturday, August 28, 2010

An odd saturday...

Woke up today feeling very strange, not quite right, but not necessarily in a bad way. Our apartment complex was scheduled to have a huge pool party so we were expecting some of our friends to come over. Unfortunately, most everyone was working so we had most of the day to ourselves (also not a bad thing!).

 The day started off as usual: sourdough, my fav! And some lovely Hualalai coffee in my new cup Ev got for me from Anthropologie. I'm pretty sure the M stands for "More toast please!".




I spent most of the day cleaning the house, getting ready for people to arrive. Since it involves lots of orange cleaner, scrubbing, and kneeling in front of the toilet... I'll spare you any more details.

By 1 Ev and I were ravenous! I had a rare food today: eggs! Why rare? Well, I don't really like them. I mean, I like eggs a lot, but I can't bear to eat them due to the farming practices of chickens. However, Ev only buys organic certified free-range eggs also due to his concern. I fell out of practice eating them for AR reasons, so I don't really miss them, but I thought I'd have them today as a little treat.

In the pan:
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- basil, chiffonade









The flip was not the most beautiful thing in the world, but I'm just not used to cooking delicate eggs anymore. The consensus was: more salt, needs hot sauce! Can you believe we don't have hot sauce in the house? It was just screaming for it!



I love these new blue square plates from Ikea! We got 2 small side plates and 2 dinner places, and I am already thinking about going back for a few more sets.

The rest of the day was spend going to the gym and coming back to a whole houseful of people! We decided to vote on the movie and naturally we went with a zombie flick: Dawn of the Dead (the new one). I love my friends. :) :) :) We've all seen the old one far too many times, and I have to say that I much prefer the new one in terms of pacing, character development, and fright factor.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment